Tuesday 6 May 2014

Hey Joe

As you may know, I'm from Wrocław and today I would like to write about the Guinness World Guitar Record that takes place in my city on the 1st of May every year. The record is a part of Thanks Jimi Festival dedicated to Jimi Hendrix. For that reason, people play his song Hey Joe to break a record. For the first time, the event took place in 2003 and continues till today. There was 12 editions with 6 records broken. Maybe you don't know it but I play the guitar and one day I decided to participate in it! It was 5 or 6 years ago when I was in high school. I went there with a group of friends to play Hey Joe with the others. It was really great! We spent a whole day in this amazing atmosphere. There were a loooot of people that year. We had to play out of the prepared area because there wasn't enough place. There were many participants from other cities or even from other countries. I really enjoyed it! I think the Guinness World Guitar Record in Wrocław is a very interesting event that makes special the city. It attracts a lot of tourist. You don't have to take part to have fun. You can just listen a nice song played by thousands of people at the same time. However, if you want to play with the others, it's quite easy because the song isn't complicated. You just have to know some easy chords. This year the record was broken with 7344 guitarists. Below you can see a picture from the day I broke a record. Ok, it was just rehearsal:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment