Sunday 27 April 2014

Next please!

Today I decided to write about Nextbike, my new way of moving. Yesterday I signed up on the website and today I used it fot the first time. I think everyone knows somethink about it, but I suppose there are some facts you don't know yet. I didn't. Nextbike is the biggest international network of public bicycle rental system. It was founded in 2004 and now exists in 14 countries, in more than 80 cities. In Poland you can see it in 6 cities. The rules are quite simple. First, you have to register online, than pay at least 10 zlotys (later you can use this money to pay for your ride) and at the end you get a text message with your own code. Now you can start to use it! When you want to rent a bike, you just have to introduce your phone number and your code you got in the message. If you ride from 1 to 20 minutes is free, but if you exceed this time you have to pay 2 zlotys. So, if you want to ride for free you have to change the station every 20 minutes, but if you want to make a longer journey you need to pay. However, I think the price is quite ok. In my oppinion Nextbike has a lot of advantages. It's healthy, eco, fast, cheap and you can use it whenever you want (also at night when, for example, you miss a night bus). Unfortunately, the system has also some disadvantages. Bikes are not always ok. The first I took was broken. Besides, if we talk about PoznaƄ, there are only 7 station and there aren't a lot of bicycle paths. However, I think it was a good idea and for sure I will use it sometimes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment